[xml] Installation Information required

Hi,

I am going to use LIBXML2 on my AIX 5.2 machine.

I have downloaded the .rpm files from http://gnome.bullfreeware.com/new_index.html (Gnome 2 for AIX). Installation instructions are given on the above mentioned webpage. What I want to know is that if I install the packages downloaded from the above mentioned webpage following the instructions provided on that webpage, Do I need to follow the instructions for compilation provided on http://xmlsoft.org/FAQ.html#Compilatio?

Thanks in anticipation.

Ahmad Jalil Qarshi