Launching composer from OO 1.1

Greetings to all:

Running balsa 2.0.15 on RedHat 9. I have just installed OpenOffice 1.1
and found an option to send documents as e-mail or send them as PDF
attachments. In OO's Tools>Options>External Programs I entered "/usr/
bin/balsa" in the path option for default e-mail program. In
"Tools>Options>External Programs>MAILTO:"; I have entered commands
similar to those I used to invoke the composer in Galeon ("balsa -m '%
u'") and Mozilla-Firebird, but when I try the "File>Send" menu to
invoke the composer and send the document, Balsa just opens the main
window with a window message telling me that the program "coud'nt open
mailbox 'mpose'".  My question would be if I did the right thing
entering Balsa's path in the default mail program option and what
command should I enter in the "MAILTO:"; option to launch the composer.
As usual, thanks in advance for all your help.

Francisco