initial thoughts on 2.1/HEAD - trouble checking mail and other problems

Cheers all,
so I finally checked out HEAD, and I generally like the improvements -
but of course I wouldn't be writing home if I didn't run into hitches
along the way. Here's what I had problems with:

'make install' the following trouble
/usr/bin/install: `./Balsa.idl' and `./Balsa.idl' are the same file
(full text attached)

For some reason, I couldn't check my mail. Sending worked, and so did
an APOP account I rarely use, but the vanilla POP I'm currently mailing
from, I keep getting these:
POP3 mailbox online error: -ERR authorization failed
This is the hitch that will keep me from using HEAD :-(

I got one of those "free(): invalid pointer 0x8574798!" messages on
exit. What actually happened was that I exit balsa while a message was
still open, and this message just hung instead of exiting along with
the rest of balsa, giving the above error. I'll try my best to
reproduce it.

Old mail with no subject gets consistently tagged as unread, and
doesn't have an entry in the "From:" column until I actually open the
message.

There was some discrepancy in the message sorting- initially, the mail
boxen I opened would be sorted by subject, although the little arrow
was in the 'Date:' column.

So, what is the best course of action here? Tomorrow I'll try wiping my
config and configuring HEAD from scratch, mayhap it'll fix some of
these problems.

Regards, and keep up the good work!
-Kacper

PGP signature