Adding a new field to iCalObject

All (particularly maintainers/hackers on gnomecal):

Now that I'm back from my summer vacation, I've restarted my hacking
on gnomecal, trying to add the features which are keeping me from
replacing ical with gnomecal on a daily basis...

Today's project was an attempt to add a "snooze" capability to the
alarms, at least the audio and display alarms.  One of the few
remaining catches is that I need to add a new field to the
CalendarAlarm structure (calobj.h); I want to stash a pointer to the
iCalObject to which the alarm is associated--- are there any
objections?

I'm not yet ready to commit changes in any case, but I wanted to give
everyone a chance to tell me that I'm horribly misunderstanding the
relationship between the structures, or violating the iCalendar spec,
or being just plain boneheaded...

(Also, I'm assuming there's still no objection to my committing
changes directly to CVS, assuming I've compiled/tested them on my
machine first.  That was the impression I got the last time I asked,
but if there's an active maintainer for gnomecal who wants to receive
patches instead, that's fine with me.)

-Russell

--
Russell Steinthal		Columbia Law School, Class of 2002
<rms39@columbia.edu>		Columbia College, Class of 1999

NOTE: My address steintr@avnet.org will stop working in approximately
two weeks...  Use one of the current alternatives listed above!