Re: [Usability] Vanilla GNOME defaults

As a slackware 8.0 user, I can say that the defaults provided are lovely
and functional except for the frame style. To aid new users I suggest the
following:

> 	- window manager?
Sawfish.

> 	- window frame style?
Emulate M$ Windows

> 	- GTK theme?
Mine says 'default' whatever that is.

> 	- GTK font?
helvetica.

> 	- Tasklist applet settings?
Again, I think this should be close to Windows. I prefer these to be
selected (and the rest unselected) and believe them to be reasonable
* show normal applications
* show iconified (minimized) applications
* show mini icons
* confirm before killing windows
* display tooltips with full task names
* enable task grouping (3 tasks) ( this one may not be good for new users)
* follow panel size.
* Tasklist width is dynamic
* Tasklist height is fixed

> 	- Desk Guide applet settings?
> 	- Control Center settings?

I leave these for later in case I am getting to detailed...

-- Karim Nassar