Global Proxy Settings

Hi all,

I'm currently writing a socket wrapper lib for version 2 of GNOME, and
would like to support global proxy settings via GConf. The only sticky
points are what to name the keys, and who installs the schema.

So far, I have these keys:

int /system/proxy/type:
    Default: 0
        None (0)
        HTTP (1)
        WinGate (2)
        SOCKS4 (3)
        SOCKS5 (4)
string /system/proxy/address:
    Default: NULL
int /system/proxy/port (should this be a string?):
    Default: 0

The following keys are planned:

bool /system/proxy/http_use_auth:
    Default: FALSE
string /system/proxy/http_auth_username
    Default: NULL
string /system/proxy/http_auth_passwd:
    Default: NULL

I'm hoping to reach a conclusion on what keys to use and who installs
the schema soon, so any opinions are more than welcome.

(I'll write a capplet for gnomecc2 that changes these settings after the
above issues are settled :-), since what I'm doing would require that as
well.)

The library is GLib/GObject 2.0,
[http://jimbob.myip.org/software/libgtcpsocket-1.0.tar.bz2]. Obviously,
it's not finished yet.

    Jim Cape
    http://www.ignore-your.tv

    "No cause, no God, no abstract idea can justify the mass
     slaughter of innocents."
        -- Edward Said