Re: [Usability] Re: Control-center styles

On Thu, 2001-12-27 at 23:48, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> On 27Dec2001 09:27PM (-0600), Gregory Merchan wrote:
> >
> > (At another point in the thread . . .)
> > On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 05:53:17PM -0800, George wrote:
> > <snip>
> > >
> > > I actually frequently get confused by progams that have dialogs which
> > > one must close with the wm close button.  . . .
> >
> > Any program presenting a dialog that must be closed with the window
> > manager close button is broken. Dialogs are closed with OK, Cancel, or
> > a similar button.
>
> It's interesting to note that this is confusing only to Unix/X users,
> because historically not all window managers have even provided a
> close button.

i think it wouldn't be clear to windows users either, as the only
dialogs i've seen w/o an ok/close button on them there were apple
quicktime dialogs.  they felt quite out of place in this respect.

jacob
--
"In fact, can you imagine anything more terrifying than a zombie clown?"
	-- moby