Re: Control-center styles

On 28 Dec 2001, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since all UI threads benefit from more opinions ;-)
>
> I agree with Jonathan that there should be a button to close the
> dialog, but I like something Seth mentioned on IRC - that it should be
> either "OK" or "Done" so it's clear it won't lose changes.

To add to the opinionations...
As a OS2 user (not developer) I used it for many years as my preferred OS.
I moved from initially using windows 3.1 to OS2 v3 and also had a fair bit
to do with the Mac. The place I was using it as my everyday OS at the time
was an ISP and I was the person in charge of teaching people there how to
use the net. From this I got quite a bit of experience seeing the
difference between windows and mac users ways of working and through
involvement in the local OS2 users group was also able to do the same
there. so now you know the background to my comments...

I can never remember being confused by not having a close button in OS2,
in fact I still today tend to use the wm to close windows. Terminal
windows for eg, everyone knows you can close them by typing 'exit' but I
always use the 'x' supplied by crux to close these and other windows like
them.

I dont see why you are all making a fuss about how 'hard' it is not to
have a close button. Its not.

Chris

(You can add this as a 'users' perspective)