Re: Getting serious about releasing

On 23 Apr 2002, Luis Villa wrote:

> On Tue, 2002-04-23 at 19:40, Sander Vesik wrote:
> > But that is merely *ADDITIONAL* crackness over the fact that these
> > keywords were the release team's agreed on way of dealing with the fact
> > that we will hit RC1 and deep freeze at some point and need a way of
> > dealing with the fact that we need to pick a set of bugs on which we base
> > the "go" / "no go" decision on.
>
> When I came on board in January we agreed that these keywords were not a
> good idea and revamped the entire schema. The comments about deprecation
> were added at that time in accordance with discussion on release team,
> gnome-hackers, and desktop-devel. I didn't think anyone would ignore the
> comments about deprecation so I didn't delete them; I guess that was a
> bad idea.

The issue really is that we need a way for flagging things that are
absolutely unpuntable and need to be tracked in detail, and need to re-do
that at every release. We also IMHO need a way people can flag things they
really think are unpuntable. And most of this is entirely orthogonal to
the issue of bug priorities and urgencies.

> Luis

	Sander

	I see a dark sail on the horizon
	Set under a dark cloud that hides the sun
	Bring me my Broadsword and clear understanding