RE: Display option in multiscreen (session management)

Hi,

As per Havoc's suggestion, we are now planning to change gnome-client.c
instead of modifying all the GNOME applications. Following is the change
we propose to gnome-client.c

In function client_save_yourself_callback(), add the following line
(indicated with '+')

[ snip ]
client_set_clone_command (client);
client_set_restart_command (client);
+ gnome_client_set_environment (client, "DISPLAY", DisplayString
(GDK_DISPLAY ());
g_signal_emit (client, client_signals[SAVE_YOURSELF], 0,
                 1,
                 client->save_style,
                 shutdown,
                 client->interact_style,
                 fast,
                 &ret);
[snip]

We tried out with some GNOME applications (gnome-calculator,
gnome-character-map etc)
and it seems to save the information correctly on a multi-screen setup.

Please give your comments on the above change.

Thanks,
Jayaraj

NOTE: Jacob, thanks for putting in the right fix for #79861.

Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited
is 'privileged' and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. You are notified that any
use, copying or dissemination of the information contained in the E-MAIL
in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.