Re: Preferences [Was: a whole lot of other things, too]

On 26Apr2002 07:07PM (-0400), Anna Marie Dirks wrote:

>     http://primates.ximian.com/~anna/gnome2menus/kde/
>
>     (The screenshots in the "controlcenter" subdirectory are meant to
>     demonstrate the sheer power and friendliness of the three different
>     control center tabs (Index, Search, Help). Ah, to have something
>     that useful.

Hmm... I think having a search feature in the control center is a
clear sign of having too many control panels. Indeed, I see 72 control
panels in your KDE submenu screenshots. That seems like way too many!

If we can keep it under 15 like Havoc suggests (or even just under
30), then I think a totally flat organization will be fine and
there'll be no need for search (or any kind of hierarchy or
higher-level organization).

 - Maciej