Re: Powertoolz[was:Re: Preferences [Was: a whole lot of other things, too]]

Andrew Coulam <aigiskos yahoo com> writes:
> We could call it "Sixth Toe" or "PowerToolz!" or
> whatever.  If you like viewports, include a viewport
> module in the "Powertoolz" package.  Advanced users
> would have to install these tools themselves (which
> they can easily do, as they're advanced users), and
> the semi-mythical "average" users can have the desktop
> that "just works" out of the box.
> Sound fair?

Sounds awesome.

libwnck makes it trivial to write pager/tasklist things, by the way.
You don't even have to know anything about all the weird Xlib stuff
behind the scenes.

And GConf makes it trivial to write an external control panel gadget.

Havoc