Re: panel run dialog

On Mon, 2002-04-15 at 16:06, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Mark McLoughlin">
>
> > 	So I'd like to hear comments from a wider audience.
>
> I find it strange that it duplicates the functionality of the menus - badly
> - and slows down the process that it's usually used for: quickly typing in
> commands to run that you don't have access to from the menu.
>
> The advanced functionality hidden in the Run dialogue is all the dialogue is
> meant to provide. Wacky. :)

I don't have the original message here, but I assume this is discussing
the "list of all available programs" in the run dialogue. I would prefer
to see this feature nixed. I agree with Jeff that you're usually using
this dialogue because you want to type in a command that's not available
in the menus. If something is in the menus, its easier to use the menus,
even if you don't know which category its in (probably).

-Seth