Re: problems with bonobo components and ssh X11 forwarding

Hi Jaka,

On Mon, 2002-08-26 at 10:27, Jaka Mocnik wrote:
> I just discovered that bonobo components refuse to start when run on a
> remote server with X11 display exported via a ssh tunnel. other apps
> work fine.

	Very odd - I assume that X knows nothing about ssh; that it just uses
the DISPLAY variable. That's all we propagate to the component - so it
should 'just work'.

> this is the error message I get from say, eog-image-viewer or
> ggv-postscript-viewer (latest CVS HEAD, gnome 2.0 built with jhbuild
> scripts):
> any ideas on what is wrong here?

	Nope - sounds odd to me; that is unless X needs more information than
DISPLAY to set up the connection.

	Regards,

		Michael.