Re: GNOME 2.0.3 release notes

On Mon, 2002-12-02 at 17:23, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Joe Marcus Clarke">
>
> > > What do you think should be in there?
> >
> > A list of fixes and what was tweaked.
>
> That would have been great, if we kept reliable stats of what was fixed in
> 2.0.3. I'm sure Luis could come up with some voodoo if needs be. This should
> be easier to handle once we upgrade to bugzilla 2.16.

Unfortunately, this is not in the category of things that will work
better once we upgrade. The basic problem is that we have no way of
knowing if a bug marked GNOME2[*] was fixed in 2.0 or 2.1. [Or, in the
future, 2.2 v. 2.3, so on, so forth.] So, I could produce a list of bugs
fixed since 2.0.2 was released- that would be trivial. But there is no
way of knowing without culling the list by hand (probably while studying
cvs-commits-list) which bugs were fixed in which branches.

Luis