Re: CD burning in gnome

I disagree. Like the maintainer of gnome-vfs said - Nautilus and
gnome-vfs should not attempt to be a backup or cd-burning application.
It should just handle the basics of CD-R(W) - place files in a mounted
burnable media, then initiate a burn upon unmounting. Anything estoric
like storing the files saved and "updating them with only newer files"
should be handled by a seperate application - in this case a backup
tool.

> On the gnome-vfs level, it also needs to understand the xml document aswell,
> just like say a tar file, so you can save a CD you want to burn,
> say you want to backup all your data to a CDRW every month, so you
> open up a new CD session, drag the files you want into it and save it.
> Then every month, you open up your xml CD document (which nautilus treats
> just like a folder) and drag all the files
> again, nautilus will add the new files to the xml document, then you save
> the document. Right click on it and select burn, you could also
> drag the cd document to the CD icon on the desktop and it would initiate
> the burn. Then all other gnome CD applications could just use gnome-vfs
> operations as if the xml document were a directory in itself.

|   Loban Amaan Rahman  <-- anagram of -->  Aha! An Abnormal Man!   |
| loban earthling net, loban caltech edu,  http://loban.caltech.edu |