Re: applet iid alias

On Fri, 2002-12-06 at 21:51, Havoc Pennington wrote:
<snip>
> > Is there a way to make an alias? Without listing the applet twice in
> > the applet menu?
>
> Not sure. I'd be happy with a dirty break.

Well, if no one has a better idea I'm going to rename the IID back
(leaving the executable etc. as "notification area")
I am not positive this will work, but what if you make a .server file with the old IID that lacks some of the attributes needed for an applet, like panel:category?  The applet shouldn't be found in the b-a query for the menu, but activating would succede (it would use the same object factory as the applet with the new IID).

Thanks,
James