Re: [Usability]Re: GNOME personas

And who is going to come up with these "personas"? Thank you for
belaboring my point. Might I suggest we get some "real people",
just a few of them, to target. Like, maybe 2 Windows people, 2
Mac people, and 2 people that are just real users of whatever,
and don't really have any administrative or hacking skills, or
know-how for working around issues? And 1 of the Windows users
would be an admin, and one of the Mac users would be an admin.
The 2 admins + 4 normal users approach, keeps the list small,
and will let us test and run things by *real people* that use
*real software* on a daily basis in their *real lives*. Rather
than having the simple personas of what Havoc, or Owen, or Seth,
or some other person in the GNOME Development community, create
a personalized image of themselves to base gnome off of. Doing
that seems like a waste of time, since we already have these
people writing software and doing what they think is right anyway.

-- dobey