Re: Sticky Notes

On Sat, 2002-12-28 at 00:32, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> The other annoyance with developing panel applets is the need to install
> them so that the panel finds them (GNOME 1 was nice in that you could
> run them from anywhere). In a couple of months we may want to see if
> that can be sensibly changed and send Mark a patch.

No. You only need the .server file installed to be able to get it
working. Applets in GNOME2 are bonobo components.

You run the applet on the command-line (making sure another one of these
applets isn't running, ie. no applets with the same OAFIID), and add it
to the panel from the panel menu.

That doesn't solve the rest of the problem, but I'm just putting the
record straight.

Cheers

--
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>