Re: PATCH: make panel-menu applet build

http://developer.gnome.org/tools/cvs.html

> It would be really useful if I could just commit them without
> having to post to the list to find someone with access. I would be
> extrememly careful not to fsck things up etc...
>
> Also there are loads of patch bugs that i could be commiting.

Many modules have HACKING files. This tells you if and what you are allowed to commit without checking with a maintainer first. If a module doesn't have a HACKING file, you should generally get in contact with the maintainer and ask them before committing.

Many maintainers have a "Let me read each patch first" philosophy. Many PATCH bugs in bugzilla are from people with CVS access who will commit their own patches once they have maintainer OK. So in general, don't commit all the PATCH bugs because they have not been reviewed.

--
                    Happy New Year,

                               Andrew