Re: Weird bug, dont know what component to report

Yep, leads to the same kind of behaviour. (segmentation fault). It seems that for now, either i'm fucked, or i'm fucked the other way 'round ;-)

Thanks for the input,

	-- Chris

Paolo Maggi wrote:
Hi Chris,

 > Yep, when i run the current HEAD version, some of the problems do go
 > away. However when i start gedit2, it gives the usual 'stock icon not
> found' error at startup, and presents me with a nice segmentation fault ;-)

IMO, this problem is due to a newly introduced bug in gtk+.
You cannot show a window containing a notebook that does not contain pages.

If you try this little program it crashes too, in the sample place
(i.e. focus_child_in at gtknotebook.c:1869)

int
main (int argc, char **argv)
{
  GtkWidget *window;
  GtkWidget *notebook;
  GtkWidget *hbox;

  gtk_init (&argc, &argv);

  gtk_window_set_title (GTK_WINDOW (window), "GTK+ Code Demos");

  g_signal_connect (window, "destroy",
            G_CALLBACK (gtk_main_quit), NULL);

  hbox = gtk_hbox_new (FALSE, 0);
  gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER (window), hbox);

  notebook = gtk_notebook_new ();
  gtk_box_pack_start (GTK_BOX (hbox), notebook, TRUE, TRUE, 0);

  gtk_window_set_default_size (GTK_WINDOW (window), 600, 400);
  gtk_widget_show_all (window);

  gtk_main ();

  return 0;
}