Re: Panel Menu

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 08:19:46PM -0800, George wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 04:31:47PM +0000, John Sheehan wrote:
> > Looking at the new menu bar applet, it seems all the
> > necessary ingredients to replace the panel menu now exist.
>
> Well one thing that doesn't exist really yet is the event streching.  That
> is, receiving events all the way to the edge of the screen, which is very
> important.
>
> That's of course just one and not the only thing.

What I wanted to say is that there are quite a few 'issues' such that using
the current menu panel is a better idea.  In future I want the PanelMenu
functionality inside the panel itself, since there is a LOT of code overlap,
we'd gain quite a bit of speed and memory if this was the case.  Since we
need the menu code in the panel anyway.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   Miau miau, zikala kocicka dyz hapala do studne.