Deprecated calls in libraries

Hi

I am compiling a library on Gnome 2.0 with the following flags:
-UGTK_ENABLE_BROKEN -UGDK_ENABLE_BROKEN
-DGTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED -DGDK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED
-DGNOME_DISABLE_DEPRECATED -DG_DISABLE_DEPRECATED

Still, I see that many deprecated calls are not getting caught during
compilation. This is because the prototypes for these calls are within
some #ifndef DISABLE_DEPRECATED in the header file. Since I am building
a library, it doesn't crib if the prototype is missing. Linking also
goes through as the corresponding library has the definitons for these
calls.

I mean to say that setting all these disable deprecated flags is not an
exhaustive way for removing all deprecated stuff from libraries. Is
there any way for finding out all the deprecated calls in the libraries?

Do we have to grep for deprecated flags in the header files to get the
list of all deprecated calls and then run a script to check if these are
present in the libraries.

Thanks
Deepa

Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited
is 'privileged' and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. You are notified that any
use, copying or dissemination of the information contained in the E-MAIL
in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.