Re: Regressions in GNOME 2 vs 1.x

On Fri, 2002-02-08 at 07:35, Trever L. Adams wrote:
> First off, the panel is inflexible.  It is highly non-configurable.
> What happened to being able to specify tiles and highlighting? (Edge
> Panel... I don't like the menu panel too much, especially as it lets
> things appear over and under instead of forcing that section of the
> screen off limits for new processes.)

the old panel prefs were out of control.  this made the code more
difficult to maintain, rather large, and left new users confused about
what things did what.

> Second, the task list (Again edge panel), groups any given number of
> windows from the same task together.  I liked the old behavior of giving
> a minimum before it will group.

i agree here.  when i use the task list i like it to group when there
are > 1 tasks in the group.

> Basically, a lot of configurability has disappeared.  This is a bad
> thing, IMHO.

it's a step in the right direction.  if there are features you really
want, you should file them in bugzilla.

jacob
--
"In fact, can you imagine anything more terrifying than a zombie clown?"
	-- moby