Re: OOP applets; man pages

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 04:12:16PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> There are a number things we should really put in libexecdir - such as
> oafd/gconfd, for example.
>
> > and how does an application add an applet then?
>
> This needs some thought - I wonder if we should require applications
> to add one of those little status dock things like in Windows, and
> reserve the bulk of the panel for users to add things to.

s/like in Windows/like in GNOME/

Status dock thing has been there since like 1.2.  Just no one is using it.
And really that was the idea of the status dock, if an application wants to
put something on the panel, putting up an applet is annoying and obnoxious,
especially if it is temporary since you might close the app soon.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   Men willingly believe what they wish.