Re: Status Manager

Hi,

We need a summary of existing solutions, how they work, intended
goals, requirements for a solution, etc.

The actual mechanism can be any number of trivial things, once you
have that.

This mechanism is missing any number of details (how do you close a
status docklet? what happens if the panel crashes, or you log out and
log back in?) - because it needs the high-level before worrying about
mechanism.

If the requirements allow I think it's better to avoid selection stuff
whenever possible, because it's complex to implement.

Havoc