Re: SPEC files for gnome 2.0 beta

Hi Mark,

Well the reason is two fold. First of all, i would prefer Greg to look over them, since he is the maintainer of the current spec files, so i don't want to pass him by. (And his standards are high, so the extra eyeballs are always a good thing)

Secondly i still have to learn how to do the required Makefile.am magic to generate the spec files in configure.. (though from the look of things its not rocket science?) If someone could whip me up a few quick pointers on what the procedure is with that, i'll create proper patches to be intergrated in CVS.

That brings me to the next point, i don't have CVS commit access, so its either hoping Greg will want to intergrate them, or file bugzilla entries for all of the patches ;-)

Anyways, lets hope we can get them in there rather sooner then later, since it would improve the gnome experiance for a lot of potential beta testing people.

After that, it might be worth to make a packaging component in all gnome2 modules, so people can file bugs on the spec files. (I'll volunteer as maintainer)

   -- Chris

Mark McLoughlin wrote:

Hi Chris,