Re: troubles compiling esound from cvs

Cédric Marcone wrote:

Hi,
I'm sorry to bother you w/ such a futile problem, but running autogen on
a fresh cvs copy of esound produces the following output :

aclocal: configure.in: 226: macro `AM_PATH_AUDIOFILE' not found in
library
autoheader: error: AC_CONFIG_HEADERS not found in configure.in
configure.in:22: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
configure.in:24: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONFIG_HEADER
configure.in:26: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_MAINTAINER_MODE
configure.in:35: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PROG_LIBTOOL
configure.in:226: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PATH_AUDIOFILE
configure.in: 24: required file `./config.h.in' not found
I am going to run ./configure with no arguments - if you wish to pass any to it, please specify them on the ./autogen.sh command line.
./configure: line 949: syntax error near unexpected token
`AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE($PACKAGE,'
./configure: line 949: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE($PACKAGE, $VERSION)'

I'm a terrible newbie in the wild autoconf/automake world, so please
give me a hand !

Install audiofile.

James.

--