Re: [Fwd: Re: profterm]

Cristiano De Michele <demichel na infn it> writes:
> I have:
> gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)
>
> and
>
> GNU ld version 2.9.5 (with BFD 2.9.5.0.24)
> and libtool is the latest release got from GNU site
> (1.4.2)
>
> and this is from top:
> 1760 demichel  17   0  2056 2056   792 R       0 96.4  0.7   0:05 sh
>
> any idea?

No clue. I guess it must be libtool, since sh is using all the memory,
but I haven't heard about libtool getting in infinite loops.

> but is a profile like a class (of old gt)?

Yes roughly like that, except it works more predictably.

> if it's so I think that profile grouping is quite different from
> commands grouping, a commands for me is what is executed in a new
> tab, does profterm have commands in this sense?

You can make profiles that differ only in which command they will
run. So e.g. you can make an "mc" profile.

> > background shade" options you have in MGT, I guess those require
> > libzvt changes - but it would be nice to have those features in
> > libzvt/profterm.
> I can hack on zvtterm widget adding that feature if you agree and
> Jacob B. too

Sure I'm all for it.

> > Setting the terminal title on-the-fly might be useful too, though I'm
> > not sure how this interacts with the title set in the profile. I think
> think about it but IMHO such a feature is really needed

As long as people can accurately figure out how the title works.

> > Features that didn't seem very useful to me were the toolbar, and
> I agree
>
> > setting the location of the notebook tabs - I don't think many people
> no I think could also be useful to hide notebook tabs or put them at the
> bottom

Hiding them makes sense to me.

Havoc