Re: [Usability] Instant Apply Windows

On 03Jan2002 01:36AM (-0800), George wrote:

> Well this is another thing about PonG.  Revert comes for free.  It took me
> about 10 minutes to implement in PonG actually, making it the easiest feature
> of PonG.  This is one of the reasons I think we should use pong.  We could
> also perhaps do a right click menu which could do things like "revert to
> factory defaults" and such stuff.  All without having to code all that.  PonG
> can do it quite simply and correctly.  Perhaps revert could be on a right
> click menu as well.

Hi George,

I think Undo would be nicer and more familiar to users than a
monolithic Revert. How about adding an Undo feature that undoes
settings one at a time? You could even make it remember the Undo chain
even when the dialog is closed, allowing users to undo fuckups at an
arbitrary later point in time. Also, you could make Ctrl+Z undo even
if there is no Undo button. Undo would really be a killer PonG
feature.

 - Maciej