Re: [Usability] Instant Apply Windows

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 02:16:23PM -0500, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> Sander Vesik <Sander Vesik Sun COM> writes:
> > Who were the ones needing convincing, again?
>
> Those writing the code, which seem to only be Richard, Bradford and I.
> It would be great to have more people helping on porting the
> control-center (especially now that GConf works again).  I'd even risk
> having more people to convince if we could get more capplets ported.

This started with capplets, but applies to all instant-apply windows -
unless consistency is not one of the goals.

Two examples of where the decision to include close buttons takes us:
(Both were made using Glade 0.6.2)

  http://www.phys.lsu.edu/students/merchan/shots/glade-properties-dialog.png

  http://www.phys.lsu.edu/students/merchan/shots/gedit-toolbar.png

> Thanks,
> -Jonathan

I'll remove the desktop-devel-list from the cc list of any future mail
in these threads that I send.

Cheers,
Gregory Merchan