Re: Gnome VFS minutae

One of the most important benefits of the tree (in my opinion) is that
it lets you set launchers across the board for types that are usually
handled by a single app. I can go to the "Sounds" toplevel node, and
tell it to use xmms for everything. But at the same time, it lets you
override for specific subnodes (like, say, realaudio).

Also, if the subtrees are not expanded by default, it makes things
initially look a lot simpler. The list as-is is just this long
(alphabetical?) list of mime types....

-- Richard