Re: Fonts in Gnome 2.0 Alpha

On Thu, 2002-01-17 at 23:40, Chris Chabot wrote:
> Yes, this is now close to my behaviour (after the fix as HP sugestion,
> which worked perfect).
>
> When i dont do the gdk use xft=1, then it shows all fonts in the font
> selector dialog. However when i turn AA on for gnome2/pango, it shows
> the short list of 8 or so fonts (which u described being in your
> smoother graphics option in nautilis).
>
> What gives? AA kills ttf?

i have far more than 8 fonts available--possibly 100 or so.  oddly
enough, none of them are listed in any of my xfree86 font folders.  they
all appear to be serif fonts as well.  my normal x type1 and speedo
fonts don't show up at all when gdk_use_xft=1, so i don't think truetype
fonts are the only ones affected.

todd