Re: ggv not getting restored after logout

On Wed, 2002-01-23 at 10:00, Deepa wrote:
> Hi
>
> I made the session management changes to ggv.  This is what I did:
> * Changed the key to /apps/app_name/sessions/app_session_id/save_key
> * Changed gnome_config functions to Gconf
>
> I started a gnome 2 session and executed ggv. When I logged out and
> then logged back in,  ggv did not get restored. However, I found out
> that the values got saved in the location specified.

(gnome-2-0-list is deprecated, you should use
desktop-devel-list gnome org instead)

i believe the default is to not save sessions, so you need to explicitly
tell the SM to save your session by checking the "save session" check
box in the logout dialog, or by checking "automatically save changes to
session" in the session properties / startup applications capplet
(although this might be slightly different for gnome 2).

jacob
--
"In fact, can you imagine anything more terrifying than a zombie clown?"
	-- moby