Re: 3rd party .desktop files

George <jirka 5z com> writes:
> Well think about this:  A separate package that comes with conditional
> .desktop files that are placed in
>
> /usr/share/conditional-applications/
>
> That's added BEFORE the /usr/share/applications in the .vfolder-info
> file that we ship.  Then, once you install a .desktop file with the
> same filename in /usr/share/applications, it will simply override the
> one in /usr/share/conditional-applications

That doesn't really help at all, since there's no reason people would
use the same filenames. Especially if everyone is staying in their own
namespace...

Shipping .desktop files for other apps is just crack, you don't ship
.pc files for other libraries or install the documentation for other
apps or whatever.

Havoc