Re: many packages __FUNCTION__ problems

On Mon, 2002-01-28 at 22:24, Owen Taylor wrote:

> I don't think it is appropriate to put this type of dependencies throughout
> GNOME. If people use G_STRLOC, then they will get FILE:LINE for non-GCC
> or GCC >= 3.0, once we deal with the problem in GLib; if they use
> G_GNUC_FUNCTION or G_GNUC_PRETTY_FUNCTION they will get "".

right, but currently you check in glib if _GNU_C is defined and assume
it to support __FUNCTION__ if not you give it "" so its in glib 1 and
glib 2. i for now use gcc3.0.3 and still compile a lot of gnome 1
related stuff and i don't like getting a lot of errors reported because
that stuff changed. sure i understand that it's better to have this
stuff beeing dealt in glib but since now it isn't.. now what should we
do ? do you know for another better solution for the short time ?

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali akcaagac stud fh-wilhelmshaven de