Re: Reducing the number of special uris in gnome

My $0.02 about the menu layout.  I like having only 2 items on the menu
bar panel, and having "preferences" being a submenu on there.  However,
it might be an idea to rename the Applications menu there to something
else, similar to the Windows "start menu", or the MacOS Apple icon in
the top corner (the "Apple menu"? I'm not so great with Mac terms).  I
think of it as 'This is what I click to pick what I want to do' rather
than the "applications menu".  I must admit that after using GNOME2 for
several weeks now, I only just realised that the text said
'Applications', I just look at the foot icon and go from there.
However, on the GNOME main menu that can be added to a regular panel, I
think that preferences should be a top-level menu.  Foot -> applications
-> preferences is a little confusing, foot -> preferences would be
good.  Again in the case of the menu bar panel, I like having only 2
menus, adding a third which would be rarely used doesn't seem like a
good idea.

-Sam