Re: A Violent Realisation [Was: Preferences]

Miguel de Icaza wrote:

Too many options are bad.  But few options is just as bad.  A lot of
people joined the GNOME "camp" because they wanted the option to have a
different window manager that was not the one the one single vision.

I don't think that people want *options*, rather I think people want a certain set of *features*.

For instance, I switched to gnome because there were certain features that I could turn on through the options system -- but I didn't want the *options*, I just wanted the *features*.

If gnome can provide the features that people want, without bothering with options, then throw away the options!