Re: System-wide submenu

On Sun, 2002-07-07 at 18:42, Dmitry G. Mastrukov Дмитрий Геннадьевич
Мастрюков wrote:
> Hi, All!
>
> I need to put system-wide submenu for some package into
> Applications->Office menu. I created Package.directory file and put it
> into GNOMEDIR/share/gnome/vfolders. Next I created some .desktop entries
> and put them into GNOMEDIR/share/applications.
> Now how can I make my submenu visible? Should I edit
> GNOMEDIR/etc/gnome-vfs-2.0/vfolders/applications.vfolder-info file (in
> this case I'll loose all my changes after gnome-vfs upgrade)?
> Or should I create .vfolder-info file and put it together with other
> .vfolder-info files (in this case how can I plug my vfolder into
> Application hierarchy)?
> Or is there another way to do this task?
>
> Regards,
> Dmitry

What you could do is create changes in /etc/gnome-vfs-2.0/vfolders

Then copy this into ~/.gnome2/applications/ for each each user

this will prevent it being overwritten on gnome-vfs upgrade

(though personally this probably should not be as big an issue as during
the beta process)