Re: Re: Gnome2

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 06:57:49AM -0400, sisob eircom net wrote:
> Mailing lists are an excellent developement tool - but for "users" (which
> hopefully we will see more of in the not to distant future) 90% of the
> questions/problems are repetitive. Also users like to be able to ask
> questions without signing up for a mailing list.
>
> What would be much more useful would be a G2UG - the Gnome 2 Users Group :)
> With forums, mailing lists, FAQs, artwork, screenshots, tips & tricks,
> news, downloads, software reviews etc...

I agree that most user won't subscribe to a mailling list for just one or two
questions. A web based Discussion board might be more appropriate. Maybe it
could be somehow replicated as a mailinglist, so that people that like to help
others regulary have a convinient interface.

I'm not sure that such a think will help a lot, but mailing-lists are not so
well suited for many short questions.

Martin H.