Re: Nautilus design choices redux

On Fri, 2002-07-12 at 16:05, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> On 11 Jul 2002, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2002-07-10 at 13:54, Dmitry G. Mastrukov Дмитрий Геннадьевич
> > Мастрюков wrote:
> >
> > > What's about "middle" way: to use the tabs like Galeon and Mozilla do?
> > > Having "open in new tab" in Nautilus seems a good feature to me.
> >
> > That's going to be fun to try to drag a file to a subfolder on another
> > tab :-) Unless you first visit a tab to open just the right folder there
> > and then switch back to start the drag and drag to the other tab..
> >
> > Tuomas
>
> What if you could drag it on the other tab, hold it there for half a
> second, causing the tab to become active and come to the foreground, so
> you can keep on draggin the files to their final location ?

Yeah, would work. Initially there was this idea of "spring-loaded"
opening for folders too - so that you could drag a bunch of files and
hold the mouse over a folder for a second or so and it would open that
folder for you for the duration of that drag - so you can drop to a
folder somewhere down in the hierarchy.

Macos9 at least does this.

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::