Re: gnome-panel, gnome-desktop and gnome-session snapshots

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 12:58:39AM +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> * What are they ?
> =================
[...]
> 	gnome-desktop contains the libgnome-desktop library
> which contains APIs that really belong in libgnome[ui] but
> have not seen enough testing or development to be considered
> stable. It also contains documents installed as part of the
> core GNOME distribution, e.g. the GPL, GNOME's .desktop files,
> the gnome-about program, some manpages and GNOME's core graphics
> files and icons.

I know this is pretty much a boilerplate announcement, but isn't it
about time we dropped the "have not seen enough testing or development
to be considered stable" part? After all, libgnome-desktop is part of
the core GNOME release and we should not be shipping stuff that isn't
considered stable at this point.

Something like "...APIs that eventually belong in libgnome[ui] but are
currently being maintained outside those trees." might be an acceptable
replacement if some justification for existence is needed.

Malcolm