Re: Schemas files shloud be editable or not ?

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 06:45:10PM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
> >> "HP" == Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:
>
> > Christian Marillat <marillat christian wanadoo fr> writes:
> >>
> >> http://bugs.debian.org/148138
> >>
> >> Then yes or no ?
> >>

> > The schemas are intended to be "factory defaults" not site/local
> > config files. So I'd so no, they aren't config files.
>
> Then why those files are in /etc ?

I'd say it's good that there are in a central place for easy rebuilding the
internal gconf databases this stuff goes in. This would be the thing that
renders gconf more reliable than the windows registry. To put this in scattered
datadir directories as Havoc suggests seems a questionable thing.
But this is more a argument for a centrel place, they are not at all config
files (even seen SuSE not even package them, bugreport ignored till today).

Martin H.