Re: simplifying the "Startup programs"

Mark,

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 12:15:43AM +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Jul 2002, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> > So can it be coded so that if Nautilus is running, it behaves as Bastien
> > suggests, if not, something similar to the current notebook page (as a
> > separate dialog box?) pops up.
>
> 	I think if we go with this, we have reduce the problem of
> defining a startup list to managing a bunch of files in a folder. So,
> if you've decided that using Nautilus to 'manage a bunch of files in
> a folder', you've obviously decided to use the command line to do your
> file management. As long as we make the details of how the folder
> works and where it is obvious, it should be okay to expect people who
> don't use Nautilus to do this from the command line themselves.
>
> 	Does that make sense ?

Heh. :-)

That was my first reponse to Bastien's mail and then I rubbed it out and
started again because I thought others would complain about forcing
users to use the command line.

Given how reaonably rarely this feature is going to be used (since
making apps session-aware in the medium term is not unreasonable), I see
no problem with your approach.

Malcolm