XGrabPointer

Hi,

I couldn't understand what happens with XGrabPointer
in the following sequence.

I have a dialog window with a OK button in it. When i grab the
pointer for the dialog window with ButtonPressMask, the OK
button is disabled. I get simply the button press event for the
dialog window but not able to click the OK button.

I understand that all buttonpress events are grabbed to the
dialog window and hence cannot do any more button events with
any other window until ungrab happens. But why is that i'm not
able to operate on the OK button which is the subwindow of
the dialog window.

Do i have to do anything more?
The dialog window is under focus. I tried calling XAllowEvent,
XWindowEvent after XGrabPointer but vain.
What is missing? Give ur valuable inputs!!

Thanks,
JeyaSudha.