Re: nautilus vs. gnome-settings-daemon "race"

On Tue, 2002-07-16 at 16:40, jacob berkman wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-07-16 at 12:35, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> writes:
> > > Avoiding any other comment on this thread, gnome-settings-daemon
> > > really needs to be launched _first_, before any other apps.
> > >
> > > Otherwise, all the apps on the desktop will quite likely have
> > > to do one or more "theme switches" when g-s-d starts up, which
> > > is not conducive to a fast and attractive startup.
> > >

> > Hmm, good point.
> >
> > Jacob what if it set the background after a timeout, or on receipt of
> > a special "login complete" X message that gnome-session could send to
> > the root window, whichever comes first, and if nautilus is not
> > running?
>
> i'm starting to think we should just spend 15 minutes at the summit and
> sort it out in person...

Heya,

First I wanted to know if this problem was discussed at the summit.

Second question is (sorry, didn't look at the code, blame me) if the
case where nautilus was to be started but nautilus not set to draw the
desktop was handled ?

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera