Gnome sound events feature request

Hey,

The following is in reference to Gnome 2.

I have a feature request. Is it possible to add another option to the
sound preferences dialog on the sound events tab?  This option would
allow the user to turn off the sound for a particular sound event. I
like to have Gnome run silently except for GnomeICU events.

To try and turn a sound off for a particular event I tried just erasing
the wav filename from the text field.  But, whenever I wipe out the wav
file from the text box, I still get the default sounds for a vanilla
gnome install. Am I doing something wrong or is the sound-preferences
dialog broken?

Thanks for the help,
Nathan