Re: GNOME 2.0 feedback

On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 09:07, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Jul 2002, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > What do you mean? If you drop the thumbnail in the same workspace the
> > thumbnail will return to the previous position.

My thought was: if I drag the thumbnail/icon, nothing happens on the
screen, but the thumbnail appears to be moving... in earlier versions,
the thumbnail and the "real" window were in sync.

Playing with it a bit, I'm withdrawing the first-blush opinion that this
was a UI inconsistency, though; it does seem to operate pretty
naturally, unless you come to it with the expectations I had from 1.4.

> > Do you mean that if you drag a window from another workspace into the
> > current one the window should appear?
>
> Before you release the drag button i mean.

Actually, some kind of "hint" would be nice. I hadn't actually thought
of that :-)

In a perfect universe of unlimited resources, I'd think about having
e.g. a "shadow window" of partial opacity, or even just a grey
rectangle, show where the window would be dropped... but the effort
seems greatly disproportionate to the potential reward. I'll add that to
my list of "wouldn't it be neat-o to beat up on Aqua" :-)