Re: VTE

Hi all,

I just downloaded the latest gnome-terminal snapshot which is now built
with VTE. I think it's great that there now is anti-aliased fonts and
full i18n support for the terminal -- but would it be possible to make a
gconf-key or preference to turn off anti-aliasing. I think it makes the
terminal fonts look fuzzy and hard to read if I want to have them at a
reasonably small size. I much prefer the crisper look of non-aa fonts.
Afterall, the console doesn't have AA either!

Also, there seem to be small visual glitches with aa fonts resulting in
characters either slightly overlapping or not being fully drawn. For
example try using the 'Nimbus Sans L' font at size 11 and type a bunch
of captial Us.

- Frank