Re: libgailutil.so.16 -> libgailutil.so.17

On 26 Jul 2002, jacob berkman wrote:

> On Fri, 2002-07-26 at 14:15, Bill Haneman wrote:
> >
> > it's also true that
> > backwards-compatible changes will be happening in various libraries, and
> > in such cases we should bump the soname also, even though bincompat
> > (backwards, not forwards) is maintained.
>
> either i am confused, or you are.
>
> why would you change the soname for bin compat changes?

It is very reasonable (or rather, it woud be pretty unreasonable not to)
do this if there werer new API additions. Its a pity that we have just one
level of versioning, so that an incompatible libgailutil will have to be
called libgailutil2.so

>  - jacob

	Sander

	This is the place where all